From: Larry Hamm
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Monday, 11 December 2006 09:19
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Off Topic - SIU girl makes good!

"Alma mater is Latin for "nourishing mother". It was used in ancient
Rome as a title for the mother goddess, and in Medieval Christianity for
the Virgin Mary.

It is now a term mainly used in academia — as a sobriquet for the
university or college a person has attended. This usage is taken from
the full name ("Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna") of the
oldest European university, the University of Bologna." (Wikipedia)

Now, if she just builds and flies a Quickie, she'll really have it made!

Larry Hamm