Re: weight and balance

Dave Richardson <dave@...>

Bob,

Another subtle thing to be aware of is that you need to make sure the
plane is level with you in it when you read the scales. You need to shim
up the main's or lower the nose somehow until you are level with your
weight in the plane. The plane tips back some when you get in and that
will throw off the numbers. Having two people in the plane makes it tip
back even more. I struggled with the pilot/pax cg arm when I was
doing mine. I had heard the CG location of the human body was very
close to the bladder but my calculations were showing it to be several
inches forward of that. Then I realized that the arm I was calculating
was relative to the plane's CG not just my body and that in the seated
position part of my body weight was actually forward of the plane's CG.

Hope that helps.

Dave Richardson

Tri-Q2 825DR

Stow, OH