From: viggenbuilder2
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:46 PM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: GU Canards flying

Thanks Jon, and everyone who has contributed to this thread. I have
an LS1 on my early Tri Q 200, which I did wonder if it was at one
stage, until PB pointed out it had strainers and cambered elevators,
which was a relief as we get lots of rain and bugs in UK. I have just
taken the elevators off for repairs to the strainers, but I find that
the Elevator rods are in poor condition and need to be changed for
new ones. Has anybody got a pair for sale please, or the drawing to
make some new ?

Richard Thomson
TriQ 200 G-BMFN
richard@...

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Jon Finley" <jon@...> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I have a GU and am content with it. I had a T-Tail AND reflexor -
I removed
> the T-Tail as I felt they were redundant.
>
> If I were about to start construction, I would build an LS1. The
VG's work
> on the GU but they aren't pretty - would rather have an LS1 so I
didn't need
> to worry about them (plus cleaning around them is a nuisance).
>
> Jon Finley
> N314JF - Q2 - Subaru EJ-22 Legacy
> Mid-Valley Airpark, Los Lunas, NM

Behalf Of
> viggenbuilder2
> Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 3:22 AM
> To: Q-LIST@...
> Subject: [Q-LIST] GU Canards flying
>

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm sure that someone has probably asked this before but how many GU
> canards are still flying as against how many have converted to LS1.
> Does anyone have any info ? And are there any GU guys who would not
> change to LS1 and why ? Are those GU guys using LeGare Tail or
Reflex ?