From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Mike Perry
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 10:43 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Engine Questions (was: New Quickie builder)

Robert Bounds mentioned the HKS as a four stroke alternative to the Rotax
503. Has anyone considered a half-VW in the Quickie? What about the
Jabiru 2200 (~120 #)?

For that matter, has anyone looked at a J-2200 in the Q-2? More
horsepower, less weight, what's not to like?

Bounds is correct about the cost of the HKS and Jabiru -- Exchange rate is
against us right now.

Mike Perry

At 12:38 PM 1/13/2007 Robert Bounds wrote

Yup, HKS. Big bucks, though.
Bounds
At 01:58 PM 1/13/2007 +0000, Mike Gifford wrote:

Thanks for the two stroke tip guys. I didn't think of that aspect. Is
there a comparable 4 stroke option that falls within weight
requirements?