Re: Flight Report

twkte <spilligan@...>

What a luvly read that was Kevin. Very envious

Trevor

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:

I just couldn't resist.
Today I went flying for the first time in six weeks. Last flight
was
6 Jan 07.
Today I flew just for the love of it. No tests. No Plan. Just fun.
TO was normal from 17. Left the pattern to the east. Flew over
home.
Then I headed further east. OUT of my test area for the first
time.
Flew over the Mississippi river at Prairie Du Chein WI. The river
is
frozen over. It has been WELL below zero for over over a month,
off
and on. Mostly on. Reports have it that ice is 12 to 18 inches
thick.
The reason I bring this up, as I was over the river, I thought it
would be a good place for emergency landing if needed. Then I
thought
about the springs, thin ice, slushy snow, cold water. Glad I did
not
have to find out.
Back west over home again. Then 240° back to the airport. Got
there
and decided I had not had enough, and headed south to the next
town.
Then back again.
Entered the pattern for 17 downwind. Approach was good.
Ballooned
after touching down.
Experience, and my friends have taught me to just go around. Did.
Added power and flew right out of trouble. Next approach was very
nice. Touch down was good, added power again and went for
another.
Third landing was also good. It wanted to fly after touchdown, so
reflexed the ailerons TE down. Puts weight on the nose, stays on
the
ground.
Damn I'm lucky!
Keep building, it only gets better!