From: Joseph M Snow
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Q2 Air foil

Larry,

Thanks for the imput regarding the GU airfoil. However, Eric wanted the Q2 in the conventional gear configuration along with 100 hp.

Joseph

larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:
Reference to the below:
If the plane is a triQ, the GU canard will support any weight the
engine can lift. The weakness of the GU canard vs the LS1 only has
impact on bounced landings WITH tip gear. On the QAC specs, the GU
canard will withstand 30 Gs at 1000 lbs. The triQ will never face
this kind of stress on the canard with a live pilot even if the plane
were flown at a gross weight of 2000 lbs.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...