Re: Leaving the group

Sam Hoskins

Richard, you are missing the point.

The Q-list is primarily for guys that want to build a fairly standard
version of any of the Qs. That is what the list was created for and that is
it's primary function.

Over the years, a lot of guys have some up with ideas for all sorts of
radical mods, such as a 4-seater. That is precisely why the Q-Performance
list was formed, to air those ideas, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Please don't say that anyone is being "attacked", we are simply asking that
the appropriate venue be used.

You can even post messages on the Q-list with messages like "Hey guys! We
are having a discussion ove on the Q-Performance list about designing a
4-place Twin Onan Q".

Best Wishes,

Sam

On 4/2/07, RICHARD GLIMES <lansair@...> wrote:

Hi Eric: I for one am deeply sorry that you are leaving the Group. The
Q-4 thing which I mentioned in mentioned in my "Experimental Aircraft. Have
your cake and eat it " message to the Group. Those who are constantly
attacking every new thought,or idea anyone brings to the group are killing
this group.. Own a Quickie you are required by law to display in large
letters the word "EXPERIMENTAL" to let all who see it know it is an
experimental aircraft.I t is not a finished product,or design. Eric if you
think the outcries about a four place Q-4 are bad,think what it was like
when the Dragon Fly showed up at Oshkosh before the Quickie Q-2 . The purist
must have screamed to high Hell that day. But that too was progress moving a
design forward. Q-List needs
more like you Eric who dare to think and say what they are thinking. Sorry
you are leaving.
Richard Dean Glimes
.

Eric kelsheimer <ekelsheimer@... <ekelsheimer%40yahoo.com>> wrote: