Re: TriQ problems

Larry Severson

At 11:07 AM 5/2/2007, you wrote:

I would try to talk to Scott Swing for his advice as the designer of the
gear, as he may have different ideas than the contractor who made them.
I talked to Scott. He said that this is a problem that can show up with any composite gear over time. He said that there was only one choice, other than making a new one:
Sand down the gear
Pull them together (into shape) with a come along
Epoxy 3-4 carbon fiber 5" uni tapes to each side of the gear
Redo the 8 alternating layers of 40 degree Rutan glass

This should hold up at least as long as the first gear (21 years).

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@socal.rr.com