Re: Elevator Universal Joint

Richard Thomson

So how many balance weights are the best way to go ? If you have just
one large one, which on mine is on the right hand torque tube, the
weight of balancing the left one is borne by all the flying controls
rod ends and the welded assembly. I was considering a mirror
installation for the left hand side, which will end up with half the
weight either side, but evenly balanced. My thinking is that this
will reduce any play in the controls being expressed at the elevators.
What do you guys think.

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Peter Harris" <peterjfharris@...>
wrote:

Jerry I agree with Larry's advice to fit two push rods. No universal
required, no free play .

Peter

_____