From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]On Behalf Of
Kevin Boddicker
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 8:33 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Quiet Technologies Halo Headset

Jon & Mike,
I bought a set of the Mach 1's offered by Lightspeed. The "osh
special" was to have the audiologist fit the custom molds for nearly
free.
I very much liked the set. However, I could not hear very well with
them. I think it was too much noise in the cockpit. I tried them in
my plane and Paul Fishers. Also the custom molds hurt like hell.
Having said all that. Lightspeed was stellar in their customer
service. They sent me a set of Twenty 3G's for the return of the Mach
1. I really did want to make then work, but no dice for me. With the
ANR I can hear clearly. Also they are very comfortable. No fatigue
after a three hour flight. I have never had "no pain" after that long
with other sets.
Kevin Boddicker
Tri Q 200 N7868B 78.6 hours
Luana, IA.

On Nov 14, 2007, at 4:56 PM, Mike Dwyer wrote:

Jon, Whats this "audiologist fee" they talk about? Did you get them
custom fit? I'd be curious how they compare to an active noise
canceling headset! A friend at work built a set like this, I gota
check
how his turned out...
Thanks for the report.
Mike Q200

jon@... wrote:

Hi All,

I decided to splurge on myself for Halloween so ordered one of
the Quiet Technologies Halo headsets. [http://
www.quiettechnologies.com/]http://www.quiettechnologies.com/

Recieved them yesterday afternoon so just had to go fly this
morning. WOW!! I am impressed. Compared to my ten year old,
cheapest that I could find at Oshkosh headset, the Halo is
magnificent - actually, there isn't even a comparison. The coolest
part was the complete lack of any weight or clamp on my head. I
highly recommend it.

What did I do on the flight??? The usual... XM music on, climb to
7000', some chandelles, some lazy eights, some high-G turns (1.104
G's), watched the funny little cars heading up the highway to the
big city, performed a wake up call at 165mph down the runway for
the airpark, and parked her for the day. What a nice way to wake up!!

Jon

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:52 AM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.