Re: UP, UP and Away

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

Great idea but I still have to fly off my 5 hours. After the not so fun
experiences Nancy had in the
Revmaster, it will take a few local flights before I would want to press
her into a x-c. But the time will come and we
will be knocking on your hangar door.

Sam Hoskins wrote:

That's great Jerry. Hey! Since my plane is now all apart, why don't you
and Nancy hop in the TriQ this weekend for a visit to Murphysboro?

Salmon Sandy

On Nov 28, 2007 6:30 PM, Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@bellsouth.net
<mailto:jnmarstall%40bellsouth.net>> wrote:

AT LAST!! Gee, these engine conversions are really quick and easy.
After only 3 yrs and 8 months of recreation and education, my plastic
fantastic roared skyward. It was a perfect day, 35F, zero wind and
sunny. Nancy and Earnest Martin were there to witness the second
launch. The first being 10 years ago. They were there then too.

Thanks to Earnest Martin and Bruce Crain giving me refamiliarization (is
that a word?) rides, it all felt pretty natural. Guess it is like
riding a bicycle. The plane performed beautifully, nothing redlined and
that new Malechek special simply purred. Only loaded enough fuel for a
35 minute flight. Had planned on an hour but this thing burns a lot
more fuel than the old Revmaster.

Had a couple of valve cover leaks and crossed wires on my CHT/EGT
indicator plus the tube from the plenum to the oil cooler came
disconnected. Other than that, just pure fun.

Had my new Dynon100 on too. that is a gem. Can't wait to get the AOA
calibrated.

I owe a lot to a whole list of you folks for helping and encouraging me
throughout this ordeal. I don't have the time or space to list all the
things that Earnest did for me. I would still be a few years from
flying if it wasn't for his help and knowledge. And of course, none of
us would be flying our planes without the support of our spouses. Nancy
ranks at the top.

As I start doing the real flight envelope evaluations, I'll update all.
Have to hold tradition with Kevin.

PS: Alan Thayer, I'm halfway to Emporia - are you out there???
Jerry Marstall - thrilled to be flying again!!

--
Sam Hoskins
www.MistakeProofing.Net