Re: Waddelow Canard

Bruce Crain

Paul,
I would greatly appreciate the plans and pics! I hope to build the
canard and wing 228" long for extra lift and high alt. flying. Tell me
how much I can pay you and where to send the check. I have the templates
for the carbon fiber LS1 canard. Will they be sufficient to cut the foam
cores? Snail mail is great as our computer is so old that I can't do
pictures or mime form. I'm still busy getting my Q tucked away into the
hanger and cleaning up things in the garage for the "long haul".
Thanks Paul!!
Bruce

P.S. That's ok, you don't need to send the "girlie pictures" I am married
to a real "BABE"!! Sorry girls everyone else is 2nd best. Once when I
was building my Q I told Joanne that her biggest competition was out in
the garage. There that should help some of you guys who are getting
resistance to "your being out in the garage all the time". It takes some
diplomacy and lots of "smooches" to make it happen.

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999 01:18:11 +0100 "Paul Buckley"
<Buckley@...> writes:
Bruce
I have the plans and constructional notes for the 'Waddelow' canard
but I
will have to photo-copy them as I don't have a scanner, and send them
snail
mail. This may take a couple of weeks.
Essentially the canard is laid up the same way as the main wing with
the
following differences :-

No dihedral [or anhedral !]
All spar caps longer and tapered
Extra spar cap on upper surface
Extra shear-web from BL15 to BL 57 at 30% cord
Main shear web at 60% cord [the carbon spar is at 55% cord]
Main shearweb reinforced
Glass ribs at BL 15
Cordwise reinforcing strips, 6" wide, on top surface at BL 16
Slightly different planform to simplify cutting cores and fitting
elevators

.......and that's about it !
It should be noted that this canard is for the Tri-Q only, whereas the
Larry
Weishaar and Jim
Doyle canard would appear to be good for the tail dragger.

Paul Buckley