From: larry severson
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Takeoff and landing speed?

At 05:04 PM 2/13/2008, you wrote:

>My Q2 pitch bucked at 68 mph indicated.

There is one report of flying at 60mph (no weight listed) down the
length of the runway.

My TriQ, at 980lbs actual, flew nose high at a stable 62mph with no
evidence of a pitch buck. Each plane is different, especially as the
weight changes. That is why it is so important to test the particular
plane for stall speed at a range of weights, all of the way up to
listed max GW.

For initial landing, before stall testing, an approach at 80mph with
an expected landing at 70+mph makes a lot of sense.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...