Re: Max pilot weight q1+

JMasal@...

I flew my Q-1 at 230lbs with the Onan 22(?)hp engine. N44QC is on the FAA
registry. I test flew it June/July in Texas when it is pretty hot. Climb rate
was not better than 200fpm and I usually knew where to find the thermals around
the airport to assist. Once I got up to altitude, I wasn't inclined to
descend for any frivolous reason and only to land. For that reason I intended to
install a 503 which I bought but didn't install or get down to Terry or
Keith's body weights (which I dint do either). The plane never scared me... just
caused my hiney to pucker for 3-4 minutes.

j.