From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Mike Dwyer
Sent: Tuesday, 25 March 2008 8:17 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Wheel location

Moving the mains forward will increase the weight on the tail wheel,
possibly increase the tendency to ground loop (more weight behind the
wheel?) and make it harder to make a nice smooth wheel pant shape.
Mike Q200

Allan Farr wrote:
Since Q's are supposed to takeoff and land in a three-point attitude I
presume there is no reason why the main wheels couldn't be positioned
further forward so that the a/c would be less likely to tip onto its nose,
especially when braking. I'm only talking about 1 or 2 inches. Any thoughts
out there?
Allan