Re: Parting out TriQ200- liability of selling

fionapple

As I hear it, the problem with simple waivers is that they don't cover
non-parties like the person killed when the plane goes through their
bedroom.

I am not a lawyer, but I'd be interested in finding out if you could
get not only a waiver but also a promise to indemnify, and be named as
a beneficiary on an insurance policy. Wouldn't that also cover both
damages and court costs even when a non-party sues you?

Even so, for lots of people the benefit of selling the plane just
isn't worth the risk of a lawsuit, no matter how small.

--- In Q-LIST@..., Mike Perry <dmperry1012@...> wrote:

Paul, you apparently live in a country with a reasonable tort
system. Some
of us don't.

Mike Perry

At 06:44 PM 4/22/2008 +0100, you wrote:

Why cannot the vendor get the purchaser to sign a disclaimer which
says
that he understands that the aircraft is un-airworthy and is sold for
parts only?

Paul Buckley

I wouldn't sell mine for the earth!

Swap for a Ferrari?............................. maybe.