Spring Fling Flyin

Kevin Boddicker

Listers one and all.

We have scheduled a Tandem Wing "Spring Fling" fly-in for the first
weekend in May. The new location Decoran Iowa (KDEH). Please make
plans to attend.

The last two years we have gathered in Iowa City. The first year it
was great! In 08 the weather let us down. It was bad Friday and most
of Saturday. Finally got better on Sunday but everyone had headed
home on Saturday. Greg Zimmerman was a fine host and we thank him for
that. The BIG hanger at Iowa City has been torn down, so we need to
move the event.
I have talked with the airport manager in KDEH, my home airport, and
he has given us the clearance to meet there.

We have one big hanger for overnight parking, and several hangers
around the field we might be able to "squeeze" in if need be. We
think we can get nine or ten planes in the main hanger.

Decorah is a college town and therefore has many rooms available. The
usual suspects,
Super 8, Heartland Inn, Country Inn & Suites, and two other private
units who's names escape me. I would suggest the Heartland Inn as
first choice. 563-382-2269. That way everyone could stay at the same
place.

The airport is located on the east side of town about two miles from
the neatest accommodations, but their is a courtesy car there.
Walking would be an adventure, as the airport is about 400' above the
city altitude.

The first weekend in May, is what has been decided upon, by the
powers that be, (Fisher and I) for the fling.
SO! With all that verbiage, the fling is on if no one has objection.

Please let us know if there are any LARGE conflicts. Or if anyone
else would want to be host.
Looking forward to warmer weather and seeing all of you.

Kevin Boddicker
Tri Q 200 N7868B 115.3 hours
Luana, IA.