From: Paul Buckley
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Night Flight Survey

Hmm.

The main problem with night flying a single is where to put it down if the fan stops, and especially so with a high performance Quickie.
Trees, fences, poles, barns etc are simply invisible.

And it is asking for trouble on a marginally lit runway.
The only height judgement available would be by the runway edge lights, and that takes practice.
And there will be limited peripheral clues.

You could fit a radar altimeter, of course .........................

Ciao

Paul B.

Cheshire, England.
TriQ-200.........Yeah, I know! ...still building :-(