Re: Disolving foam

Richard Thomson

Alan,
I'm not sure about the GU Canard, but I had similar effects when doing the
survey on the LS1 on my TriQ. The LS1 spar is set forward about 4 inches
from the rear edge, and the whole rear edge tapped up lighter ( instead of
the hard sound around the spar)due to the different foam which is purely
there as a fairing in that region, but then there were areas that rang
where the skin had definately debonded is a few places, where I used the
"micro down the burrow" technique and it seems to have worked a treat. Just
make sure you do not force the micro under too much pressure, or you can end
up with a "mole hill" !

Richard Thomson
TriQ200 G BMFN