From: Jim Patillo
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:01 PM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Disolving foam

Allan,

Sorry to hear of you misfortune. I know how disapointing it can be
especially at this stage in the game. All I know is that I repaired a
completely broken LS1 spar just about directly under the passenger's
leg area and its still working just fine after 600 hrs of hard
manuvering and gross weight operations. I removed and replaced all
the blue foam and reglassed the spar.

Take heart. The misery is in thinking about it, the repair simply a
matter of time. The first cut is the deepest, ect ect.

If I can be of help in any way please email me at
Logistics_engineeringATmsn.com. or 510 468-4891.

Regards,
Jim Patillo
N46JP Q200

P.S. Charlie is right!

-- In Q-LIST@..., oneskydog@... wrote:

> Don't forget the overlap of the top and bottom skin will sound
different than the area away from the edge. Do not cut anything until
you know for sure what is going on.

> Do not listen to Larry S. or follow his instructions for repair.
>
> Charlie Johnson Dragonfly owner
>
> Alan, You certainly have reason to investigate further. If you map
out
> the area that sounds different then someone could do a tap test on
their
> GU canard. I don't suppose you know anyone else in New Zealand with
> Q2 so you could do the test yourself?
>
> Mike Perry

preliminary
of