Tank Repairs

Richard Thomson

Hi Guys,

Talking of fuel tanks, Alan's mail reminded me that I still have to do
something with mine. I suspect it may not be fully fuel tight. Will a
simple pressure test show if its been attacked by Mogas / Ethanol ?
Can you see if the surface has been attacked and gone porous, like will
it have a blue tinge ? The belly taps ok underneath, but there is a
little 1/8th hole directly below the tank in the outer skin, that is
blue tinged so obviously had seepage at some time.
Its difficult to see from the sender hole even with an boroscope, so
would it be a case of cutting an access hole the other side for a good
view ? Has anybody done something similar to this ?

Richard Thomson
TriQ200 G BMFN