From: uncleducati
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 10:51 PM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: paint color

What is the structural difference between our wings and the factory Lancair, which is red? The way I understand it they would both experience roughly the same structural forces, possibly higher on the Lancair due to the increased weight and speed. I looked at the temperature graph in the Q2 manual, and if it's close to linear, the ambient temperature where peak surface temperature would possibly begin to deform the wing with red paint would be ~130 degrees F with still air and direct sunlight with no cover, are my calculations correct?