Revmaster R-2100D Turbo high altitude Expereince?

bin.echo <bin.echo@...>

Does anyone here have experience with the Revmaster R-2100D Turbo in a Q2 at higher altitudes? I'm in Albuquerque (5352' MSL) and I've been warned by a local pilot the Revmaster is probably not adequate for the altitude here. I'm wondering if a turbo charger might at least make up for the horse power lost at the engine due to altitude. It would not make up for the density altitude of course. But I'm wondering if getting peak HP out of this motor at all altitudes would be enough to overcome the aerodynamic issues.

-Aaron
(Investigating Q2 ownership in Albuquerque)

Join {main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.