Re: Q-1 engine options???

Robert Cringely

What performance did you get with the 1835 VW?

Bob

What, me worry?

On Dec 6, 2009, at 5:19 PM, "Jon Finley" <jon@finleyweb.net> wrote:

Hi Leon,

This is PURELY my OPINION based on my experiences. As I'm sure you
already
know, I had very good success with an 1835cc VW (all four cylinders)
in my
Q1. I am heavy and was flying at relatively high-altitude. I would not
hesitate to do the same thing again but would spend a little money to
lighten it up (aluminum cylinders come to mind).

I flew with a fellow based in north-east Washington a couple times
(Bill
something). He had an Onan and MANY horror stories about flying at
high-density altitudes with it. No thanks, not for me. Obviously, if
light
and low level 18-22 horsepower works (Terry and Keith come to mind,
works
great for them as it has many others) so I am NOT suggesting that
there is
anything wrong with the "low horsepower" approach.

Jon Finley
N314JF - Q2 - Subaru EJ-22
http://www.finleyweb.net/Q2Subaru.aspx

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom and
dignity.
It is the argument of tyrants and it is the creed of slaves" -
William Pitt
in the House of Commons