From: Jon Finley <jon@...>
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] Q-1 engine options???
To: Q-LIST@...
Date: Monday, December 7, 2009, 6:24 AM

Roger,

The EJ-22 ready-to-run weight is pretty much the same as an 0-200 so is definitely too heavy for a Q1. There is no doubt that a VW has limitations but from a power and cost perspective, I think it is a good match. Plenty of power there and certainly not over-working it. When built with weight in mind, a VW can be surprisingly light.

Jon