From: <oneskydog@...>
To: <Q-LIST@...>
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Re: revmaster cylinder heads

Darken,

The maximum sustainable HP you can get out of a VW is said to be 56 hp.
Operating the engine above that level can only be done for a few minutes until
the head temp hits redline. In my opinion a Q or most other VW powered
airplanes make good single place airplanes and poor two place airplanes. For
good performance as a two place you need 100 hp or very close to it. I mean
a hp level you can run all day not just 5 minutes after take off.

550 hrs behind the VW

Regards,

Charlie