Re: Anti-Seize and WD-40

Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>

I used purple hi-grade marine grease on the metal parts, elevators, axels... and that messy carbon black stuff on the spark plugs.
Mike Q200

On 3/15/2010 5:57 PM, Sam Hoskins wrote:
For a general spray lube I like Teflon based Tri-Flow. You can get it at
some hardware stores.

For years I used gray Anti-seize for my torque tubes and it worked just
fine. Kind of messy, though.

Sam

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Mike Perry<dmperry1012@...> wrote:

Hello:

I was on the road last week, now reading back postings. The discussion
on WD-40 and Anti-Seize compounds caught my eye. I understand WD-40
(and many other petroleum based products) can prevent fiberglass
adhesion. I also know petroleum products can dissolve foam, and many
anti-seize products are petroleum based. Based n those issues, what is
the best product for our purposes? Do we use a different product around
foam (eg: torque tubes) and in front of the firewall (sparkplugs)?

Thanks for any ideas and esp. experience -- Mike Perry