Re: Tri Q Nose Leg Springs

Richard Thomson

Kevin,

I have DC's leg off of his TriQ200, which has the phenolic washer next to the welded assembly attached with a bolt. So presumably the fork on his was at the top of the leg with the washers underneath.
So until its all back together and loaded finding the right height will be difficult, so possibly the best idea is to reassemble it against the phenolic, which should be the worst case, and adjust it later.

Thanks for your thoughts guys,

Richard.

--- In Q-LIST@..., Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:

Richard,
I set the canard at 0° while building as per plans. I think putting the fork as low on its axle as possible is a help.
Making the ground angle of incidence a bit more nose up.
My washers are all above the fork. I believe it is:
Top Down
Welded washer
Large flat washer
Two conical washers
Large flat
Phenolic
Fork
Large thin flat
Lock nut

If memory serves. I will try to remember to look the next trip to the field.
I do think it helped with the TO. Less back pressure on the stick to lift off.
Hope this helps.

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 160 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Apr 6, 2010, at 2:55 PM, Richard Thomson wrote:

Thanks Bruce.

Kev, You have sent this once before but can't find the mail. Its for the HD leg, If I remember you suggested that the springs can go above or below to achive the right incidence on the canard. If so, what incidence did you set ?

Cheers

Richard

Richard Thomson

TriiQ 200