Re: Transponder Service

Rick Hole

Hi Mike, What kind of coax cable are you using, and how old is the cable? If you have RG-58 and especially if it is old, consider replacing it with RG-400. You can use the same BNC connectors as RG-58 and it has lower loss. You're in Florida, want to fly to Sebastian if you need help? I have RG-400 and connectors on hand.
Rick

Also painted antennas sometimes can add needless loss.

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...> wrote:

Help, my transponder doesn't seem to be putting out full power anymore.
It hears fine but ATC doesn't see me when I'm far out. Does anyone have
an avionics shop they can recommend that won't rape me? Narco AT-150.
Thanks,
Mike Q200 N3QP