Local foam source

David J. Gall

Rich,

I got mine from the local insulation supply warehouse. The blue foam is Dow Styrofoam (large cell). I asked for taxidermy billets, got 8" x 16" x 108", coulda got bigger if I wanted them. The urethane foam is sawn to order from a giant block, I got 1" x 48" x 96" sheets. The Quickie plans (Q1) call for 2.0 pcf (pound per cubic foot) but they also can supply 1.8 pcf and 1.6 pcf with almost the same physical strength properties, if you wanna save weight.

Back to lurking,

DJG

--- In Q-LIST@..., Armilite@... wrote:

Hello:
<snip!>
Any good leads on where to buy the large foam blocks from today?

Rich
Ames