Re: Local foam source

Leon

David:

Nice to see you still lurking - and I presume ready to pounce if one of us strays too far from reality <G>

In my part of the world I have discovered that the foam can also be ordered as "pipe insulation billets". Exactly the same stuff. The oil field and refineries seem to use lots of it.
=============
Leon

--- In Q-LIST@..., "davidjgall" <David@...> wrote:

Rich,

I got mine from the local insulation supply warehouse. The blue foam is Dow Styrofoam (large cell). I asked for taxidermy billets, got 8" x 16" x 108", coulda got bigger if I wanted them. The urethane foam is sawn to order from a giant block, I got 1" x 48" x 96" sheets. The Quickie plans (Q1) call for 2.0 pcf (pound per cubic foot) but they also can supply 1.8 pcf and 1.6 pcf with almost the same physical strength properties, if you wanna save weight.

Back to lurking,

DJG

--- In Q-LIST@..., Armilite@ wrote:

Hello:
<snip!>
Any good leads on where to buy the large foam blocks from today?

Rich
Ames