Re: Venturi

Allan Farr

Just out of interest - I presume a glass (warm) aircraft wouldn't be so prone to icing as a metal (cold) one?
Allan

From: Paul S
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 12:09 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Venturi

I have been flying my Q2 for thirteen years with no gyro, I do have a 296 now and I am happy with that. The Q's are great airplanes but they will never be an IFR capable aircraft no matter what instruments you put into it. Without a way to get rid of ice on the wings, prop and etc those instruments can lead you into weather conditions the plane can't handle. IMHO

Save the weight and expense buy the 296 and leave off the nav lights too. An off-field landing in a Q at night is not going to be pretty.
Keep it as light as you can with that Revmaster and you will never regret it.

Paul

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Darrell Daniels" <log@...> wrote:

In other words if I want a artificial horizon I need to go electric or
figure how to hook my vacuum pump up to a revmaster engine. . Darrell
From: Dave Dugas <davedq2@...
From: Darrell Daniels <log@...>
Subject: [Q-LIST] Venturi
To: Q-LIST@...
Date: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 7:52 AM

Is anyone on the list with Revmaster engines using a venturi to power
their
gyros Thanks Darrell