Re: Pattern Flying and Reports

Rick Hole

Ditto your comments. I also work from an untowered field and note how
sloppy radio calls can get. Often times they say nothing of use in telling
other traffic where and what is happening. Three of my peeves:

"Taking the active." This tells nothing, all runways are active at pilot's
discretion. Please tell which runway!

"Any traffic in the pattern please advise." One of the few radio
transmission the FAA specifically asks us NOT to send. Simply give your own
location and intentions and that will prompt other traffic to advise.

Chatting on CTAF. It is not a party line.

Rick