Re: N240JS Inspection

Sam Hoskins

Joseph, don't worry about it too much. Just get a compass card and stick it
on your panel. Write some numbers on it.

No worries.

When I had my inspection, the FAA examiner (yes, FAA) noted my compass card
with no numbers on it, and signed off the inspection.

Don't worry about it and let's not spend another 100 e-mails auguring the
point.

Sam Hoskins

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Joseph M Snow <1flashq@...>wrote:

Mike,
I have a Dynon EFIS-D10 with a remote, electronic compass. There are
calibration procedures, but you need to be at an airport which has a compass
rose. I am not allowed to fly as yet. The compass declination was set by
Longitude/latitude which enables a magnetic variation correction to the
compass factory preset. Is this adequate?

Joseph

--- On Wed, 12/1/10, Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...<mdwyer%40tampabay.rr.com>>

From: Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@... <mdwyer%40tampabay.rr.com>>
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] N240JS Inspection
To: Q-LIST@... <Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 5:20 PM

Don't forget to have your compass correction card stuck to the dash.
They seem to look for that as we often forget about it.
Mike Q200

Terry Adams wrote:
Joseph,
A milestone.
Hope all goes well.
Check and double check, if possible borrow another pair of eyes.
Dot your "t"s and cross your "i"s.
I have had planes inspected by FSDO and it usually seems more time is
spent looking over the paperwork..
Albeit the inspector's signature is on the paperwork, your butt is in
the airplane.

Terry Adams

Joseph M Snow wrote:

Heads up...

FAA Inspection for N240JS is scheduled for December 12!!

Joseph