Re: Inspections/Inspectors

Michael Hilderbrand <m_hilderbrand@...>

My FSDO inspector seemed to look at the following more than anything else: Paper
work (big one), nuts and bolts politically correct - safety pins if
required, controls are rigged correct - stick left:left aileron goes up, LIMITS
on gauges and airspeeds marked (even though you have yet to fly the thing to
figure those number out!) (They passed my blinking red idiot light on my EIS as
my "limit" indicator.), make sure no gas lines go over electrical wires, and
seat belts work properly.

Couple more things:  One inspection they wanted me to start the
engine, other inspection (two airplanes) they did not have me start it.

AND I did not have a compass on my panel. I did go to Walmart and buy one after
the inspection for my own comfort.

From what I hear, it seems DARs are a little more hardcore about the
inspection, along with being strong-minded in what they want, regardless what
the regs say.

Michael Hilderbrand
Derby, Kansas
Sonex #1017 Flying