Re: Rubber Ring Help

Martin Skiby

Maybe try making a silicone ring using a sheet of plastic so it does not bond to the spinner and just the aluminum ring. I like the foam and glass ring that fits tightly around the crush plate and silicone it into the spinner. I flew my TriQ like that for 300 hrs with no issues at all. Also several Ezes for hundreds of hours also.

Easy and cheap to do.

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Jon Finley" <jon@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking for help to find something. Problem is, I don't even know what to call that something...

I have an aluminum "disk" bolted to the front of my propeller which serves as a spinner "bulkhead". Around this disk I run a length of rubber hose that is split (making it kinda U shaped). The hose only stays put for about 5 hours before it starts coming off. I've tried all sorts of things to secure it as well as "glue" the ends together (to make it continuous) but nothing seems to work.

I'd like to find a 10.125" diameter rubber ring (continuous) that has a U cross section. Anybody know what to call this or where I might find one?

Thanks,

Jon Finley
P.S. I thought about making a glass "adapter" between the disk and spinner like I've seen in Q-Talk (Lynn French, I think??) but the rubber ring works nicely (but doesn't stay put).