Re: Engine Choice

One Sky Dog

Martin,

If you are interested in a flight proven Corvair conversion and the parts
to make it happen go to William Wynne. His lead time sometimes is very long
but his parts are well engineered and the manufacturing is first class. He
has been flight testing everything he sells and gives free colleges on
building engines, buy his book to start.

_http://flycorvair.com_ (http://flycorvair.com)

I am doing a Dragonfly/Corvair and there are some pictures on the Yahoo
Dragonfly list.

t_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dragonflylist/photos/album/1015036301/pic/list)

Regards,

Charlie Johnson
One Sky Dog
Ogden, Utah

In a message dated 12/23/2010 6:40:11 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
dan@quickheads.com writes:

Hey Martin,
In the newsletter that I just sent out Tuesday, there is an article by
Joseph Snow about doing the W&B with a corvair engine on a Q-200. Joseph
will probably be the first to successfully fly a Q-200 behind a corvair
conversion.

I am also going to try that route, but as of yet, it is not proven, and my
project is still under reconstruction.

Not sure if this helps your decision at all.

Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

OK, I hope I am not jumping too far ahead, but I like to get things
worked out far in advance. I am considering a few alternative engines
for
the project. One would be the Jabiru, which I have talked to a few of
you
about. The other I am looking at is the Corvair. Anyone have experience
with this set up that they would like to share good or bad? It looks
like
a nice engine and with the bearings supports I have seen maybe not too
bad
for a Q200. Any information would be great.

Thanks all and have a Merry Christmas!