Re: Working with Phenolic

Martin Skiby

Thanks Sam, Good advise. I have some folks to call on for this.

--- In Q-LIST@..., Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

The pre-drilled holes on the QAC supplied phenolic were reamed. This gives
them a more precise dimension that just using a drill press and twist
drills.

The problem comes with using the larger drill diameters required for the
bellcranks. Check around with your buddies, and maybe you can find the
right size reamers. You can also check Ebay.

You son't need superduper expensive ones, since you have just a couple of
holes to ream.

Sam Hoskins
Murphysboro, IL

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Martin <mskiby@...> wrote:

There are several pieces of Phenolic that are missing out of the kit that I
just purchased. I know that I can make them from sheet, but wanted to ask
the group the best way to do so. Is it better to have it machined so that
the fit would be the most accurate for the control tubes or can this be done
adequately with a normal drill press and sharp bits? Also is there anyone
that is currently fabricating these parts as I am also missing some of the
bushings for the control tubes and hinge points.

Thanks