Re: Working with Phenolic

Martin Skiby

These look good and would be easily installed as long as they come in the correct sizes.

Thanks Dan, Saved me some work right here. Glad to have this group.

Thanks all.

--- In Q-LIST@..., dan@... wrote:

Several people are using Rulon to replace the pivot bushings. Your
mileage may vary, but you can find them on Amazon here:

http://tinyurl.com/286kwhq

Cheers,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

The pre-drilled holes on the QAC supplied phenolic were reamed. This
gives
them a more precise dimension that just using a drill press and twist
drills.

The problem comes with using the larger drill diameters required for the
bellcranks. Check around with your buddies, and maybe you can find the
right size reamers. You can also check Ebay.

You son't need superduper expensive ones, since you have just a couple of
holes to ream.

Sam Hoskins
Murphysboro, IL

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Martin <mskiby@...> wrote:

There are several pieces of Phenolic that are missing out of the kit
that I
just purchased. I know that I can make them from sheet, but wanted to
ask
the group the best way to do so. Is it better to have it machined so
that
the fit would be the most accurate for the control tubes or can this be
done
adequately with a normal drill press and sharp bits? Also is there
anyone
that is currently fabricating these parts as I am also missing some of
the
bushings for the control tubes and hinge points.

Thanks