Re: New Years

quickheads

Sounds like 2011 is shaping up to be a great year for the Quickie
community! I look forward to seeing all of the new planes at one of the
Tandem Wing events this year! Stay safe, and god speed!

Don't worry, I'm working on my project daily as well. I'm making
progress, but I'm well behind you all!

Oh yeah. . . Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Happy New Year Kevin, Thanks for the prod. My Q-200 is on short final.
The exhaust is finished but I have not run the engine with it yet. I ran
the engine for about 15 minutes with stub stacks a while back and it ran
very well. Cabin heat muff and carb heat muff completed and installed. The
last thing to do is connect the cowl openings to the plenums via some yet
to be conceived genius method that will allow easy removal and
installation of the cowling without having to hook up or connect anything
like scat hose. It's mooie freo in the unheated garage and I got bogged
down installing replacement windows (10) in my house. Then came the
holidays and my son's college graduation etc etc. We all have excuses
when necessary.

I think that I know what I'm going to do with the plenum thing and I'll do
it in the basement this week. Still need to placard everything in the
cockpit and do weight and balance. I've scoped out Tulip City airport and
their generous 6000 ft runway that's wide and traffic free. My IA buddy
has scales and lead weight for ballast if needed. My Swift pilot friend
has access to a suitable trailer and I have conceived an idea for a really
slick trailer should time permit which I'm sure it won't. Slick trailer
goes on the "things to improve" list to do after it flies.That list is
about 10 items long now and growing. And then there's the collection of
paperwork and stuff for the FAA to be satisfied.

Joseph sounds like he's proceeding nicely as is Sanjay so I'm behind but
not by much. Should be a good year for first flights by the way this
sounds eh? Happy New Year to you all and thanks for the support. Probably
would not have made it this far without everyones sage advice. Jerry
Brinkerhuff Q 200 Registered N2935R

From: Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...>
Subject: [Q-LIST] New Years
To: Q-LIST@...
Date: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 10:12 AM

Happy New Year to everyone.
I recall hearing that in 2010 there would be a great multitude of first
flights. I am still listening!!! I can't hear you!!!
I am sure none of our group has a hangover today, so get your asses out
in the
shop and get to work!!
MUST I NAME NAMES? I THINK WE KNOW WHO WE ARE!
Wishing everyone all the best in 2011. Seriously, get the damned thing
done.
It is great fun. If you need any help, just ask, someone will respond.
This is the year to FLY. Were not getting any younger!!!!!!

Warmest Regards,

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 194 hrs
Luana, IA.