From: John Loram <johnl@...>
To: Q-LIST <Q-LIST@...>
Sent: Fri, Feb 4, 2011 2:39 pm
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] Q1 upgrade?

John:

The Quickie and the Q2 did share a very few factory provided welded
mechanical parts in common (Aileron bellcrank (QCSA3), control stick(QCSA1),
control stick mount (QCSA2), various elevator pivots and mounts, etc, and I
think the tail wheel assembly and tail spring was the same (not sure).).
They also use the same BID and UNI glass, and, the foam billets for making
the wing cores, vertical stabilizer and control surfaces were the same. All
of which would account for maybe 20% of the materials you'll need to
complete the project, and none of the major prefab factory parts (fore and
aft fuselage shells, cockpit canopy, and engine canopy).

Take a look at this fairly complete Q2/200 Bill of Materials:
http://www.loram.org/Q2%20Parts%20List.htm

A far left column (On Hand) will allow you to list what you have.

I think you'll convenience yourself that you can't get 'there' from 'here'.

regards -john-
www.loram.org

_____