From: quickheads <dan@...>
To: Q-LIST <Q-LIST@...>
Sent: Tue, Mar 8, 2011 8:50 am
Subject: [Q-LIST] Long Post - Q-tube. . . Beta

Hey All,
I finished getting the website moved over to the new host. I apologize if this caused any hiccups for you over the last couple of weeks.

However, I think I'me ready to introduce a new website feature called "Q-tube" (as in YouTube for Quickies!)

http://www.quickheads.com/Q-tube.html

From there you can upload videos from your home computer, or link to other great videos on YouTube, Vimeo, etc. If you've uploaded videos to any of these other sites, you should have a similar experinece on the QBA site. (And I enourage you to link your previous uploads to the Q-Tube page.)

Right now I have it restricted so that only current QBA members can upload videos during this testing period. (So you must log-in to upload.) However, the public can view and play all of the videos. Once testing is complete, I can remove the restrictions.

Speaking of current members, I mentioned in the last newsletter, that there was a new set of "Expiration Warning E-mails" that will be generated automatically when your QBA membership is about to expire. These 4 e-mails will be sent out at the following interval.

2 weeks from expiration
1 week from expiration
3 days from expiration
the day of expiration

There were a couple of programming issues with that script when I moved to the new server, so anyone who expired in 2010 I have granted a 1 month extension. If you do not renew within two weeks, you should begin getting the warning e-mails. (You can always unsubscribe from them if you find them annoying.)

My hope is that this will give more of you an opportunity to try out the new "Q-tube" and let me know what you think.

If you experience any problems during this testing period, please let me know by sending me an e-mail, or by using the "Contact Me" form on the website.

I hope you'll find this valuable.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor