Re: Sun N Fun+++

quickheads

I called Jerry Marstall and Michael Bergen this evening. (The intended hosts of Saturday's Sun-n-Fun Quickie Forum)

They both came through OK. The devestation was a bit much and they both seemed in a bit of shock but otherwise well. Lots of wreckage scattered about and lots of airplanes stacked on top of each other. Several of the vendor tents were completely flattened while their next door neighbors came through without a scratch. (Tornadoes are strange beasts.) There were NO Quickies on the field yet. (Mostly RV-7's)

The field was closed so Michael wasn't able to get back to his tent, but he did make it to Target to buy a dry towel! :-)

Stay safe out there guys, and let us know how you're making out.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:29:39 -0400 (EDT), JMasal@... wrote:
Am in Orlanda for a nasty Wed eve. Glad we stopped short. WXman
predicting serious crap Thurs am. He was right! We figgered LAL Would
be a morass in am so were casually having breakfast at an ORL Dennys
when a tornado hit LInnder Regional, flipped planes, collapsed an
exhibit hangar trapping 70 folks. Understand several ambulances were
obliged to show up. Were hunkering down and will see the aftermath Fri
am if WX calms down. The mean WX is covering the whole of Central Fla.
Talk to your Father who Art......that all the aviators are safe!

Jim