First Flight

Larry Severson

Before your first flight, I suggest strongly that you get some practice landing. There are some who will give you a flight, but I have found none who will give you a landing.

Solution: get a copy of X-Plane flight simulator. I have seen it offered as cheaply as $29.95 at their web site X-Plane.com. Then google Q200 models. Both the tail dragger and the tri model Q200 can be found on the web. I have flown both, and they appear to be very close to actual aircraft performance, especially in landing.

Then explore the pitch bob activity and finish with at least 10 landings, 20 for the dragger BEFORE making your first flight. The Q2/Q200 is very airplane in flight, but can be a handful on the first couple landings.

--
Larry Severson
18242 Peters Ct