Re: Q-tube and Quicker. . .

L.J. French <LJFrench@...>

Dan,
My guess is that you put way more effort into all this technology than most of us realize. I just want to say a big thank you for all the work you put into giving us a great way to share experiences, ideas and buy/sell opportunities. The increased traffic speaks to the success of your work. Until you are better paid - thanks again.

LJ French

Short & simple from my mobile

On Jun 19, 2011, at 5:58 AM, dan@... wrote:

Q-tube and Quicker are back up and running on the QBA site. You can
still upload videos and pictures directly to the site without having to
link them to Vimeo or YouTube.

Turns out that the server resource issues weren't related to the videos
at all, but a small module that was running on the side of the site that
scrolled new products from the online store. It was accessing the
DataBase 300 times every time a page loaded. The site is getting A LOT
of traffic with literally thousands of page views per day, so you can do
the math and figure out that the DataBase and server were getting
overwhelmed.

OK enough geek talk, you're free to use everything on the site again!
Just FYI. I have some more work to do optimizing some of the other
components as well, but removing that module seems to be a good start.
The pages load a little quicker now too.

Thanks for your patience and your suggestions.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com