Re: Rebuild Begins

Martin Skiby

Thanks Phil. I think I have plenty of parts at this point, but will keep it in mind.

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, Phil Lankford <britmcman@...> wrote:

I have an un-started set of empannage halves if you are interested.

Phil
760-443-4124
San Marcos, CA

Phil Lankford

On Jun 21, 2011, at 3:54 PM, larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

I don't have spare wings at this time, but I do have both main and GU
canard airfoils that have been hot wired. You are free to have them, but
you will have to glass, etc. them.

On 6/17/2011 7:23 AM, Martin wrote:

I purchased back my tri-Q that we built in 1985. It was built as a
tail wheel bird and competed in the CAFE 400 back in the day. I
converted to Tri-Q in the early 90s and loved that plane. I sold it
and moved to other projects in 96. It was destroyed in a hanger
accident when a door fell on it during a huricane in FL. Well after
this many years I found the salvage in Boston and was able to make a
deal to get it home. It arrived on Wednesday and my son and I are
already looking it over. The tail was torn completely off with all the
damage that comes with and the left main wing was broken about 6
inches out from the fuselage. You can lift the entire plane with that
wing, but any down force and it folds toward the ground having
delaminated from the foam on teh underside. Also the engine needed to
be removed for the transport so the guy I purchased it from had a
great time cutting all the wires and hoses off at the firewall. GEEZE.
Anyway it is in Bakersfield and I would love to have any one come by
that wants to see it and lend some advise. Basicly I will replace
everythign aft of the seatback bulkhead. All structure forward of that
was not damaged.

Just wanted to let folks know what was happening in Bakersfield.

Thanks all for participating in this group. It would have been very
nice to have a venue like this back when we were first building.

Martin

--
Larry Severson
18242 Peters Ct