Re: Test Flight #3

Bruce Crain

Roger that Sanjay.You might also check to see if your reflexer could use more range. I think that any time you fly faster than cruise a Quickie will push back on the stick and want to climb. Somehow that also equates to a bit of stability for the pheugoid (sp. it's been awhile) process if you can find the cruise "sweet spot".Bruce

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Sanjay Dhall" <sdhall@...>
To: <Q-LIST@...>
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] Test Flight #3
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:56:58 -0400

Bruce:
Regarding sparrow strainer setting for level cruise, my recollection from
last flight is that stick pressure was mild, if any, at 2200rpm and level
flight. So I am guessing that the sparrow strainers is probably reasonably
oriented for level flight at cruise, just not for full power. But if I lower
the sparrow strainers (TE down) it would need less fwd pressure when going
at higher power setting, and would require a little aft stick pressure
during level cruise.
Secondly, I have not yet changed reflexor setting, which may be yet another
adjustment to reduce amount of climb and fwd stick pressure at full power.
On my next flight I will try to pay attention to this stick force at cruise
power and level flight.
thanks
Sanjay

_____