Re: LS1 Foam Layout. . .

Sam Hoskins

I think I get your meaning. Forget about the levelness of the table,
it's practically irrelevant.

- Weigh the block down so it can't move.
- Slap the template on one end of the block and make sure it's perfectly
level.
- Take your tubing with the water in it and use it make the opposite side
template exactly the same as the first side.

Okay?

Sam

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 9:11 AM, <dan@...> wrote:

**

Thanks Charlie,
I do understand all of that. My question is whether the template
"level lines" need to be placed at the same distance verically
above/below a predefined "water line"

Let's say the table you are about to cut your foam cores on is level in
all directions.

You place one template on the end of the foam block with the "Level
Line" say 5 inches off the table.

On the other end of the foam block, do you need to put the other
template's "Level Line" 5 inches off of the table?

Or is there some other reference to align the templates vertically on
the foam blocks?

This is hard to describe without a picture, maybe I'll skectch
something quickly if my question still doesn't make sense. Please let
me know. I appreciate all of your input.

Thanks guys,
-Dan

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:46:57 EDT, oneskydog@... wrote:
Hey Dan,

In aircraft location Stations = distance from 0.0 (X) to item from
nose to
tail, Butt lines = Distance from centerline out toward wing tips
(Y),
Waterline = Distance in vertical from a known reference there is
only one
Waterline 0.0. All waterlines are level by definition (Z), All
stations and butt
lines are perpendicular to the waterline. 0,0,0 is where ever QAC
decided
and should be specified on the plan.

Perfect cores are the start to a perfect wing.

Regards,

Charlie Johnson
Ogden, Utah

In a message dated 7/7/2011 7:18:27 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
dan@... [1] writes:

Thanks for the response Sam, I appreciate it. Not sure if my
original
question made any sense though. ;-) I'll try again.

"Level Lines" - to me this means that you level a template on one
end
of the foam block. (L.E. to T.E.)

"Water Lines" - to me this means that two separate templates are at
the
same height on opposite ends of the foam block.

I was just wondering if the "Level Lines" indicated on the
templates,
were also "Water Lines." (Or if it matters.)

Does that make sense? Please let me know. Again, I'm guessing that
you had to sand and futz with the cores to get them to all fit
together
properly.

Thanks again,
Dan Yager