Re: Fuel lines, was First flight

Sam Hoskins

Never used it.

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:05 AM, jcrain2@... <jcrain2@...> wrote:

**

Hey Sam,
I noticed they have braided/reinforced Tygothane. Would that work any
better than clear (except for sight gauge)?
Bruce

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...>
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Fuel lines, was [Q-LIST] First flight
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 07:13:56 -0500

In complete deference to my friend John, whom I know is an expert in
urethane and knows more about the subject than the bare inkling that I will
ever have, I have been using urethane tubing with great success for most of
the life of my Q-200. Maybe it's the formulation that makes the difference.

I started out with Tygon, which was better then the original vinyl tubing
that QAC supplied. The Tygon was okay, then I stumbled across this stuff
called *Tygothane, *which is much better.

I get it here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#tygothane-c-544-a-i.b.-tubing-and-tygothane-hose/=d22kke
think Wicks and Spruce carries it, also.

I like it because is has a smaller OD than the rubber, is easy to work
with,
and I can see the fuel inside. This stuff is really tough and abrasive
resistant and holds up to 100LL for a long time. I seem to change it out
every 5-7 years for no other reason than to be on the safe side.

Just my experience.

Sam

57 Year Old Mom Looks 27!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4e15af49304ee266974st04vuc