UV damage

Rick Hole

N1711Q is well into that age, built in 1982. When working on damaged areas
we sanding carefully to expose fiberglass in several areas. It looked very
good. That's a single data point, but it falls in line with similar repairs
on Velocities which are constructed with similar technique and materials.

For a plane stored in the sun the answer may be different.

I've seen awful messes for planes which were parked outside without primer,
or thinly primed, and became dumpster bait. I would not consider repairing
any surface in that condition.

Rick Hole